Z4 ENERGY SYSTEMS, LLC 25 Dizzy Horse Road Buford, Wyoming 82052 U.S.A. (307)766-5044
has been fabricated and tested.
Z4 seeks an
alliance with an ag-equipment manufacturer who wishes to add wind powered water
pumping with energy storage to their product line with minimal R&D
Z4 solves problems for rural homes, farms, ranches and small business by developing useful, smart residential scale renewable energy products.
The Problem with using a windmill to pump drinking water for livestock in remote pastures is the variability of the wind and no energy storage:
- No water is pumped in times of no-wind
- In high winds, tanks can overflow and water is wasted.
- Mud and ice around the tank can be a hazard
The Solution is Z4's wind-powered water pumping system with compressed air energy storage (CAES) that reclaims wind energy in times of no-wind.
- Tower-mounted air compressor is driven by rotor blades
- When the wind blows, water is pumped using compressed air
- Excess compressed air is stored in tanks (CAES)
- In times of no-wind, the stored air pumps water
- Air can be used to aerate tank water to delay freezing
"This material is based upon work supported by the Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, under Agreement No. 2010-3610-21820 of the Small Business Innovation Research Grants Program"
Kevin Luke, Principal Investigator
Product: Wind Watered Water Pump with Energy Storage