Z4 ENERGY SYSTEMS, LLC 25 Dizzy Horse Road Buford, Wyoming 82052 U.S.A. (307)766-5044
Z4 solves problems for rural homes, farms, ranches and small business by developing useful, smart residential scale renewable energy products.
The Problem with pasture feeding livestock year-around is that water tanks freeze up in winter and a deicer is needed.
- Grid power may be unavailable or costly in remote pastures
- Deicing alternatives such as propane are impractical
- Thawing by overflowing well water wastes water
- Continuously pumping water creates ice and mud
- Chopping ice every day is time and labor intensive
- Abandoning remote pastures increases feed costs
- Feed lots create animal waste and health problems
The Solution is Z4's 100% solar powered stock tank deicer.
- Melts and maintains a 2' hole in the ice during the day
Tested in -20º F. night and +6º F. day temperatures
- Relocate with ranch pickup for pasture rotations
- Use with any stock tank
- Works on partially sunny days
- No maintenance or fuel required
- 30+ year lifetime
Preliminary prototypes were tested for two winter seasons. A manufacture-ready prototype will be field tested during 2013/14 winter and ready for manufacturing during Summer 2014.
Z4 seeks a ranch equipment distributor who wants to add a relocatable, 100% solar powered stock tank deicer to their product line.
"This material is based upon work supported by the Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, under Agreement No. 2012-33610-19942 of the Small Business Innovation Research Grants Program"
Kevin Lule, Principal Investigator
Product: Solar Powered Livestock Watering Tank Deicer